Saturday, August 27, 2011

Women Learn Differently Then Men... yah think!

Women’s Safety Academy Texas understands that women desire a different approach when it comes to firearms training. Women process information differently and have different needs when learning to shoot a gun.  This may surprise you, but in general women tend to be better shots than men, learn faster, and are safer handling firearms when taught in the right environment.  The right environment beings with an instructor who knows how to communicate the information in a way you can process it. 

When I was first learning to shoot, I had a great support system.  My husband is very knowledgeable and is a fantastic instructor.   Most of the time I understood what he was telling me, but a few times it led to major riffs in the peaceful waters of the Crowder home when I wasn’t getting the answers I was looking for, couldn’t grasp what we has telling me, or didn’t progress as fast as he expected me too.  Part of the disconnect was the dynamics of being husband and wife, but another part was his ability to relate to my learning process.  I have found some wonderful training schools but noticed that I was usually the only gal in the class, and the style of teaching is designed for how men learn. 

The “women’s demographic” is on fire right now and many instructors are expanding their programs accordingly.  August of 2010 I launched Women’s Safety Academy Texas for the same reason, but developed my programs from a different perspective.  I have an ability to translate the material into what I call “Julianna speak” when I pass it on to my fellow lady shooters.  Before becoming a firearms instructor, I owned a dance studio for 7 years, and being a trained dancer I learn kinetically, so I  teach women to shoot using kinetic methods.  I relate the techniques of shooting to everyday activities and motions, even to yoga and pilates.

Without the proper environment that addresses a woman’s specific need for instruction, she may leave the class without any confidence or retention of in what was taught to her.  That is when you hear her say, “I took a class, but I don’t remember can you show me again”.   She certainly doesn’t want to offer up to teach other women because she has no self-confidence in her own skills. She will be less likely to recommend formal training to her friends as well. How do I know this? Because I have been there!  I made it through my classes ok, retained some good info, but wouldn’t think that many of my friends would endure, let alone enjoy the class.

At Women’s Safety Academy Texas we teach women the correct techniques while addressing the specific learning styles of each woman.   Most importantly, we address their confidence level immediately.  You will leave with more than just the basic skills of shooting, an increased confidence, and be comfortable with your new shooting skills and the safety that knowledge provides.

Visit www.WomensSafetyAcademyTexas.com  to learn more about the classes we have available, which are taught by women for women. All classes offer a safe and enjoyable place for our women to learn the skills necessary to operate, handle, shoot and clean a firearm with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment