Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What a way to closeout 2011!

Looking for some fun n' gun stuff on New Years eve, a few gals from the Leander and San Antonio chapters of A Girl and A Gun Women's Shooting League, ventured out to Best of the West Shooting Sports in Liberty Hill TX to participate in a 2 Gun  match put on by Texas MultigunWe found some fun n'gun, but most of all we found run n' gun!

I personally have shot one USPSA match and one multigun match. (Not much running in IDPA, I like that)  The running part kind of freaks me out a little bit because I have this idea I might look silly.  Well I got over it!  First stage of the day I took off like I was being chased and discovered that is ok for pistol shooting, but when I picked up my rifle I had a hard time catching my breath.... dam!  New Years resolution #1... do some cardio.

Bobbi (San Antonio Facilitator) was by the far the most prepared gal, this was her first 2 gun match, but being a seasoned USPSA shooter/RO this chick knows her way around her pistol and rifle.  She brought with her a member of her chapter Alejandra, which by the way was her very first match... ever!  Alejandra did great, she took it at her own pace, focusing more on the how too instead of the do it really fast.  We decided she is our poster girl for AG & AG, just get out there and try it!


Members of our Board of Directors Stela & Renee also came out, and together we had an awesome time.  We sure did learn alot about our gear (we are resisting the urge for another shopping trip, have to wait just a bit longer) and of course time to hang out with some of the friendliest shooters in Texas.  A big thank you to our squad mates and ROs from Dreadnaught Industries, thanks for you help and friendship!



Another accomplishment for us girls... we all came without our husbands and lived to tell about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment