Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 Year In Review

2012 has been a great year for me personally and professionally.  Looking at my year in review I can't believe this is my life!

The highlight of my training for 2012 was attending the Massad Ayoob Mag 40 course hosted at Gator Farms Tactical.  Not only did I gain knowledge about our legal system, I had my light bulb moment with some shooting techniques that I have been working on.  

It was a good year for working matches... and winning guns from the RO prize table.  I won a Seekins Precision AR at the Texas Multgun Match and a Glock 17 at the ProAm.  My hubby won an XD at the Texas State Tactical 3 Gun Precision Match, but I worked that match as well, so by proxy... I won that too!  Working matches has allowed me to meet so many wonderful people in our shooting community and learn about competitive shooting sports from a different angle.  I can't wait for the season to start again!  Maybe my gun luck will stick with me for a while longer.

A Girl and A Gun Women's Shooting League has grown beyond my wildest dreams.  My co-founder Renee Blaine and Membership Director Jennifer Galle have been a working hard behind the scenes keeping up with all my "adventurous" ideas.  We have a very dedicated Board of Directors, and an amazing leadership team building chapters and fulfilling our  mission.  Smith and Wesson is our presenting sponsor for our first annual AG & AG Conference at T.I.G.E.R. Valley in March 2013.  Members will be able to participate in two and half days of training at the range with some the best and brightest women in our industry.  And if that wasn't exciting enough, AG & AG will be launching International chapters in the United Kingdom and Argentina.   We have been blessed with many vendor partners and sponsors including Charter Arms that donated 2 revolvers for our members to win, Round 2 Brass that sponsored a STI Spartan and AR15Targets.com that donated an AR-15.  

I have to say I really love my job as a firearms instructor.   I take that title very seriously.  I am very aware that there are many more "qualified" individuals, many of whom have real world experience of serving our country or law enforcement.  What I have come to appreciate about what I do as an instructor is my ability to bring people in, change lives in small ways, and encourage continuing education beyond my skill sets.  I am extremely motivated to continue my education in 2013, and bring to my students more knowledge and opportunities to be responsible and educated gun owners.  Thank you to my friends, clients and of course my family for supporting me... even in my wildest moments.  I make myself tired, I can only imagine that I must exhaust everyone around me!

Happy New Year and hope to see you at the range soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment