Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Gun Owners and Consumer Dollars

In Texas, Penal Code 30.06 is the legal notice for those with a Concealed Handgun License stating entry

on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden; or remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart.  When a retailer or restaurant places this
legal notice, I as a law abiding citizen must respect the law and not enter with my gun.  More importantly, I consider what are the consequences of going into a gun free zone if God forbid today is my “Luby’s day” (referring to the Luby’s massacre in Killeen TX with survivor Suzanna Hupp). I also think about my consumer dollars.  Why would I want to support a business that does not respect and support my right to self-protection and protection of my family?  Most of the time, I stop shopping at these retailers and will only go there if I have no other choices, get in and get out, and bring my knife and other non-lethal tools with me.





The Movie, Music, Games and TV industries has been very vocal about guns and violence again as of late, and I believe it is time to extend my 30.06 policy to them as well.  Why would I want to spend my consumer dollars to see movies that promote guns (with poor handling and skill sets at best) and violence, then have the actors and directors say I can’t have the very object they are glorifying.  Why would I listen to music that advocates gun violence just to have the artist scold me about my rights to own a high capacity magazine?  Why should I watch a TV show of ill behaved characters to have the actors tell me that I should behave better in my own life.  Enough is enough… they are right about that. 

Watch this video and pay attention to the faces in it.  Remember that the next time you are going to buy something of theirs, and support their body guards, high tech security systems, and the guns that protect them.  


It is not unreasonable that we should be outraged as a society over the epidemic of gun violence in our country.  But it is considerably lower than vehicle deaths and drug abuse, and let us not forget abortion.  Shall we look at what is influencing our society and the behavior of our citizens…. Movies, Music, Video Games and TV shows.  Pot calling the kettle black. 

There is an online resource I use frequently www.texas3006.com  It is a database of all business that post these signs. 

As for me and my consumer dollars... we will serve the Lord.  I am guilty of posting sarcastic political pictures and in your face morality issues.  Going forward I will do my very best to be a considerate member of society, respecting the rights of others, even when I disagree with them.  


2 comments:

  1. Beyonce talking about politics? She is fine as an entertainer but clearly she is not a thinker.


    Check out my Glock page!

    http://glock-21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craze for guns is increasing day by day. Many people have guns for only show purpose.It is good to have guns for safety and it should be necessary that guns not sold to any criminals to avoid gun violence.
    ___________
    Firearms Safety Training MA.

    ReplyDelete